Community Adventure Project
Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fix or Improve??
Away From Keyboard/Game EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm by Drgnwlkr

» Is there...
Away From Keyboard/Game EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:39 am by Tavion

» Resetting Journal
Away From Keyboard/Game EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 pm by Subnormal

» Golem Builder By Borojb
Away From Keyboard/Game EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:32 pm by Tavion

» Hack K & L
Away From Keyboard/Game EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 pm by Tavion

» Help with the haks
Away From Keyboard/Game EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:34 pm by Wyrdwolf

» Character Retirement not working
Away From Keyboard/Game EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:43 am by MannyJabrielle

» Yankeeyiddos.com
Away From Keyboard/Game EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:58 am by Drgnwlkr

» The Grimm is back!
Away From Keyboard/Game EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:41 am by borojb

Away From Keyboard/Game

2 posters

Go down

Away From Keyboard/Game Empty Away From Keyboard/Game

Post  Kentleman2 Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:34 pm

I haven't seen this one mentioned. A message comes up if I stop at a merchant's counter to examine his wares. After about 5 minutes, it reads "Mary Smithe is away from keyboard" after another 5 minutes it reads "Mary Smith is away from game".

Last night I got killed by a Formian Giant. Within a minute, the 'Away from game' message came up. Since my party mate, Lucky, was still alive, I opted to 'Wait for help' in case she beat the giants. She did, but it took 6 or 7 minutes. She then approached my dead body and attempted to use a Res. scroll on me. It told her 'you cannot use that item'. We had both Res'd each other many times before. I then quit and re-joined since the re-spawn was grayed out. Whas up??

I agree with everyone else that this is easily the most beautiful PW I have ever played. The terrain is amazing and absolutely unique!
Up till now the best PW I've played in was Aenea. This is a lot prettier. Thanks for all your hard work LOW.

Kentleman2
CAP Adventurer
CAP Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Away From Keyboard/Game Empty Re: Away From Keyboard/Game

Post  lord_of_worms Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:28 pm

the away from keyboard was just a simple script I implemented waaay before this PW actually started getting recognition and players. basically I did it for myself as alot of times I would log in to test something on one machine then use another machine to open toolset and make changes...the problem being 90% of the time I forgot I was logged in live and when I finally noticed I would have alot of messages sent to my player avatar...long story short, this enabled 'other' people to see that I may not be in front of keyboard which helped sooth over a lot of "are you ignoring me??" questions...lol

I agree that the time frame before it kicks in may be too short now that players are starting to 'move in' to the Falls...I will update it within the week.

as for the Ressurection? Hmmmm...cannot even fathom a guess... I have a bleeding script instead of just insta-death but I never heard it saying you were away from game...I would look into it but I am guessing it was more of a 'hiccup' then a true error, please please let me know if it ever happens again and what the sequences were before it happened (so I may be able to reproduce the error)

Lastly, I am totally stoked that you are liking this place, it makes the effort to make really gorgeous areas and the time spent doing it soooo worth it. I agree story is first and foremost 100% but I still believe you can make a game look good without sacrificing story! and the Falls are my proof...but don't just thank me, many other artists (Amethyst Dragon, Maxam and SixSixSix to name a few) have contributed to the content inside Arbor Falls that wasn't mine to begin with and still many other talents (Jbonze, Shady Allie, SHJ3 and Borojb) have contributed to the lore, history and stories found here as well...the Falls are a true collaborative effort by the community FOR the community...this is the main reason I allow a downloadable version for others to use/rip/host as they see fit.

I am really glad you like it here, and I hope you stick around for a bit Very Happy
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down