Community Adventure Project
Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fix or Improve??
Serious and costly bug: Furniture locations (and contents) EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm by Drgnwlkr

» Is there...
Serious and costly bug: Furniture locations (and contents) EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:39 am by Tavion

» Resetting Journal
Serious and costly bug: Furniture locations (and contents) EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 pm by Subnormal

» Golem Builder By Borojb
Serious and costly bug: Furniture locations (and contents) EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:32 pm by Tavion

» Hack K & L
Serious and costly bug: Furniture locations (and contents) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 pm by Tavion

» Help with the haks
Serious and costly bug: Furniture locations (and contents) EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:34 pm by Wyrdwolf

» Character Retirement not working
Serious and costly bug: Furniture locations (and contents) EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:43 am by MannyJabrielle

» Yankeeyiddos.com
Serious and costly bug: Furniture locations (and contents) EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:58 am by Drgnwlkr

» The Grimm is back!
Serious and costly bug: Furniture locations (and contents) EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:41 am by borojb

Serious and costly bug: Furniture locations (and contents)

2 posters

Go down

Serious and costly bug: Furniture locations (and contents) Empty Serious and costly bug: Furniture locations (and contents)

Post  rawmilk905 Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:03 am

The furniture object scrying orb was responsible for the deletion of itself and other furniture from player housing. The first time it did this I wasn't aware, because I had used it to travel and logged out before noticing the changes, but I bought it again and after using it once I returned to find MORE furniture missing. Advice to players: Do not use scrying orb at home or it will delete your furniture!

Well, to update, I don't suppose the scrying orb can be blamed necessarily. It seems the furniture locations and thus contents saved incorrectly as stuff was disappearing seemingly at random. I salvaged what I could, granting priority to the most customized stuff and liquidated as much as I could fit in inventory. Upon returning, 0 placeables loaded, so the rest is all gone. I'll be sticking to what I can keep in inventory or the chests at the inns until we find and fix the bugs. I am happy to help with testing at some point, particularly on this, but also on whatever else needs testing.

Last edited by rawmilk905 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:09 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)
rawmilk905
rawmilk905
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Serious and costly bug: Furniture locations (and contents) Empty Re: Serious and costly bug: Furniture locations (and contents)

Post  lord_of_worms Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:06 am

Hmmmm... I hate to sound like a jerk..
But this seems rather drastic.. furniture disappearing I have heard, but thats only usually during a crash or by just not using the functions properly.. and I don;t blame anyone at all, it was my lousy descriptions not helping in game

a few rules when you want your house to work.
1) dont move things as fast as you can click..you know when you rotate an item and it disappears before the new one re-appears, if you have already clicked like 50 times in that second, your likely to lose something.. this system only stores on area exit, so some things get fudged if your spiking the server with button clicks.
2) def. dont move any furniture or pick up into your inventory any furniture that in itself contains an inventory. inventory is stored by location. thats is special TAG to know what inv is what and it will always be unique unto itself which is handy.
3) always save, hell save two, three times with your house key when your done moving/re-arranging.
4) Last and certainly NOT least important.. always, always, always try and leave your house the normal way, out the front door... if you town portal, if you scry, if you log out of game , if you teleport to another area without *first* walking out your front door and back into whatever *area* your house is in (Fellhurst, Stumpett Grove, Hothmourne) then there is a good chance the *saving to database, all your changes* thing is going to get blurps or worse, to get lost in the mixup.

this shouldn't happen, of course in a solid scripting..but I made a pose about that earlier about AF getting a reboot..so thats where I suspect this will finally get a proper and pemanant fix.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Serious and costly bug: Furniture locations (and contents) Empty Re: Serious and costly bug: Furniture locations (and contents)

Post  rawmilk905 Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:34 am

Likewise, I don't mean to seem like I'm complaining. This is a great server that really holds my interest and I recognize the effort that goes into such a project. I have a feeling most of the bugs relate to the roleplay and persistence systems. As my playstyle uses these heavily I was probably quick to run into most of them. Borojb explained some of that to me about the housing. Traveling through the scrying orb and back portal (both sold in the stores) was no doubt the cause of most of the furniture problems. Like I said, I am happy to help with testing or even poke around in some scripts (although it's been a long time since I did, and I only experimented.)

I read the explanation in your recent post. Thanks for bringing this to us. Very Happy
rawmilk905
rawmilk905
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down