Community Adventure Project
Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fix or Improve??
Resetting Journal EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm by Drgnwlkr

» Is there...
Resetting Journal EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:39 am by Tavion

» Resetting Journal
Resetting Journal EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 pm by Subnormal

» Golem Builder By Borojb
Resetting Journal EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:32 pm by Tavion

» Hack K & L
Resetting Journal EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 pm by Tavion

» Help with the haks
Resetting Journal EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:34 pm by Wyrdwolf

» Character Retirement not working
Resetting Journal EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:43 am by MannyJabrielle

» Yankeeyiddos.com
Resetting Journal EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:58 am by Drgnwlkr

» The Grimm is back!
Resetting Journal EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:41 am by borojb

Resetting Journal

5 posters

Go down

Resetting Journal Empty Resetting Journal

Post  MannyJabrielle Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Had this happen three times now to my dwarven treasure hunter Shylock Grim. His journal has been wiped of all but a couple of quests. It's happened daily for the last three days.

The biggest pain of it is having some of the longer quest lines reset, and having to start over from the beginning. Noticed as well for a few misc. ones, the quests aren't firing off right either. For example, the vintage caper. The merchant wants me to get the wine back, but there's no halfling to chase. For the "where's the beef", I can't talk to the first guy in the quest either (i started that one, but hadn't finished yet).
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Resetting Journal Empty Re: Resetting Journal

Post  lord_of_worms Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:13 pm

the 'where's the beef' one isn't really complete yet so you would never be able to truly finish it as originally planned (yet).. that should be getting updated after I get my damn new hak out the door....lol

as for the vintage caper.
I might have to look at that one... it might just be my scripting.

as for the other ones not firing....
the only thing I can think of, the only thing (as no one else has reported this error to me until now by you) is maybe do you have something in your override (other than music,portraits?)
especially no .2da files.

otherwise I cannot imagine what could be causing it..I can look into the database tommorow (working double tonight so am unable to today) and see if its a problem with the Get/Set SQL for the journals but then I would also imagine it would affect everyone and not just yourself...
but fear not, I will fix you up..just ask shady and his horrible experience with his housing furniture...lol
i owe that guy a million drafts at the local pub!!
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  MannyJabrielle Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:26 pm

Thankya! Smile

For what I got in my overrides... not much. Textures, a copy of the voiceset 2da, and a couple plt files. Besides that, it's a pretty vanilla installation Smile
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:18 pm

thats good to know. I will look into my database and see whats up tommorow and post my findings so we can nail the issue.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:38 am

what he said. the dude will fix you up.
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:11 am

another report of a player that had his journal screwed up. My guess is a premature server reset (had plenty of storms here for last few days) so it might just be corrupted but you should be able to continue on now without any future issues (I can manually correct any defunct quests if thy remain for you ..just ask here) and I got a UPS backup for my server so things like that shouldnt be an issue anymore.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:49 am

I'll add that MarAsh had her journal reset a while ago. Wasn't too worried about it though. She spends her days in her house rearranging furniture items and thinking up ways to break into Ashan Caine's house to hellball it into oblivion.
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  MannyJabrielle Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:33 am

Shylock's journal reset, again Sad

This time, two of the quests are "stuck" (and didn't get wiped with the other quests). Shylock's stuck with "restless spirit" (he got the crown, but the Identifier reverted back to as if I hadn't talked to him at all. Tried talking to him a second time, and his dialogue skipped ahead to as if I had completed the quest. Quest remains unfinished in my journal, and still got the crown.

With the guy in the tavern, I did the avenge a friend quest, and then received the missing amulet quest. I got the amulet, came back to him, and rather than completing the quest, he switched back to giving me the "avenge a friend" quest. Completed it again, and the quest giver reverted to giving the avenge quest rather than completing the missing amulet quest.

I've noticed a problem with Shylock's house too when his journal resets. His furniture disappears. Not all of it, just one or two pieces per journal wipe. This last wipe zapped a container with extra unplaced furniture.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:43 am

the dreaded housing bug? woe
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  MannyJabrielle Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:10 am

So Mr Grim's journal was good for a number of days... and then tonight... complete wipe again.

I think however I found what *might* be triggering it. ACP styles.

I had purchased a few more styles to toy around with. Logged out. When I came back this evening, my entire journal was wiped again, save the fight-style journal entries. Typically on the other resets, the styles were gone. I was still USING the style, but the journal entry for it (and it's entry on the convo in the craft-skill radial was gone... IOW I coudln't switch back to it if I went into generic style). This time around, I had purchased every style except one.

Thinking back... purchasing styles was the last or close to the last journal-related action I had taken before the journal wipe. in some cases, it had been completing a quest or two... and I can't be 100% or even 50% certain, but I think the quests done after a style-purchase were the ones that happen to NOT be wiped after the module reset and everything else got zapped.

I mentioned this to SHJ, and he noted too that he had the same thing with the journal entries for the styles when his paladin's journal reset... he was still in the last style used, but it's journal entry was gone. He noted however he had just switched styles, not purchased a new one.

If anyone else who's had a journal wipe could remember if they had bought, or even just switched to a different ACP style... that may help track down what's causing the journal wipes if it's indeed something to do with buying/switching fighting style phenotypes.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:15 am

Marash had her journal deleted a while ago. had 2 acp styles.
a few days back she started redoing the quests. also bought one acp style again. finished a quest after that. i will check out my quest status later.
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:09 pm

I am uploading the update hak tonight so I will settle down and really nail down this journal bug when thats all said and done (upload)

I am kinda at a loss right now since I dont rememmber updating anything that would affect the journals at all...Hmmmm...
my guess is in my attempt to get some new content to you guys (when my hak update failed to get complete last few weeks) I added some small 'extra' content and I have a notorious habit of opening an area and using the AREA's scripts tab to write/code/modify,etc a multitude of scripts because it takes MUCH MUCH less time to open/edit/save a script from within a creature or areas scripts tab than it is from the actual scripts under the scripts tree..for some reason when closing a script that way it takes sometimes 10-15 minutes for my toolset to become 'usable' again...very aggravating...

so anyways, long story short, I probably have (more than likely) have a modified 'journal' script dealing with the new Social animations in the starting areas (on user defined script) which is just casing havoc...I apologize but until I get the hak finished I dont want to get sidetracked too much solving this. I will start tackling this tonight and the new MOD build will be going live sometime on Friday night.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:24 pm

I just looked into my database and I have as of right now (5 seconds ago) the following.

MannyJabrielle 'Shylock Grim's PC
all ACP styles (or damn near most of them...lol)
The outpost quest
the ent quest
haunted manor quest
the fallen friend quest (crypts)
the fireworks quest
the restless spirit quest
the hive queen quest
a boy and his axe quest
the 3 plagues quest
the gargoyle king quest
the missing amulet quest
the gauntlet (wow you did this one!! right on!)
Last house on the Left quest
the halfling and trolls quest

and checking over everyone elses it appears to be the same (all quests remained in database)

SSoo...
good news is that its probably just a 'timing' issue where when you log in the scripts are pobably TMI'ing (too many instructions) sometimes...
leaving you with an empty journal...or partially complete one..

so I think by wrapping the OnEnter a little more and adding some of these scripts to includes or simply adding a few seconds delay on some execute scripts should do the trick...

just thought I would throw that out there...
Manny, does that look like your journal stats? or did you have much more complete than that?
I know in game its gone but lets not worry about that now...but in the database can you recall more or less than what I put down there?
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  MannyJabrielle Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:31 pm

That's what he's got complete as of last night Smile (well, the harvest of halflings hasn't been completed... I was getting a glitch with the son that wouldn't let me continue with that one, he was responding to me as if i hadn't talked to his mother and told me to just leave him be. Gonna try later today see if it works now... several quests do that, glitch and won't complete until a later sever reset).

The other quests that I've done but have not re-done since this last journal wipe;
The one where you lead wheezler the messenger back from the outpost (joined up into a group last night just as they completed the outpost before i had regotten that one... so the man at arms won't give me the initial part of that quest line anymore) Crimson gem, stranded caravan (one where you rescue the mom and kid), giant of a task, that one where you hunt down the caravan raider, the witches of fellhurst, the dalal diamond mine, vintage caper, the ripper, that one where you get the guy's book back from the librarian...

Plus Shy'd started where's the beef, a boy and his bloody axe and bump in the night, but not yet fininshed them (beef you said wasn't finishable yet so that's moot... bumps in the night I had only gotten, hadn't talked to the next NPC in the quest yet... bloody axe, would exit through the portal, but the quest itself never completes.. not sure if that's design or bug lol).

Hehe, and yeah... Shy's got all the styles except the levitating wizard style.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  MannyJabrielle Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:06 pm

Oomph....

Scratch that last. Just logged in first time today. Journal completely reset... again. This time everything's gone, even the fight-style entries Shocked
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Resetting Journal Empty amother journal wipe

Post  Shady Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi. um. yup.

I am reporting a wiped journal for my character Charlotte de Berry.
i had all the arbor falls finished. completed a few in fellhurst...
went to the grove and got the two quests there. ent and harvest.
I went to rescue the halfling and when i killed the boss, i talked to the prisoner. never got the option to have him follow me. went back to stumpett grove and retalked to the quest giver. quest started over, went back and got the lilttle guy to follow me, quest was updated as finished.

login today all quests are lost except for harvest...
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:39 pm

I hate you.
Shocked
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:44 pm

just kidding. well not really...lol

Hmmm..I really had thought I had squashed this one...Grrrrrr.

I am honestly just stumped...I mean I havent made any changes to how the journal is written/updated and I remember we never had this problem, it just sort of appeared all of a sudden.

I may (for testing purposes) remove the journal entries from SQLite database and just use the default bioware DB for now.
this will allow me to at least rule out whether its the actual NWNx2 doing it or if there is some kind of fudge up in one of the many updates I have made. But again, the writing/reading from database is rather simple and only a couple of lines (which I have looked at many many times) so I kinda doubt its the coding anymore.

lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:36 am

i was soloing when it happened. a few weeks ago. as soon as i got the harvest quest, i proceeded to execute it...no side tracks, no pauses or rests or logouts. i went straight to the area i needed to do the quest.
i can tell you this about that boss fight: i lured most of the henchies away and fought them near the area transition. the little guy i was saving was far away. not sure if that has anything to do with it.
why it wipes every quest is puzzling to me. wouldnt it just mess up the quest involved? you know more about that.

I dont even care about the quest bug, i wanna get me some A.D. fairy stones!!!
No. i care about the bug. i was with you when you were testing it and it seemed to be fixed and squished.
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:51 am

AD fairystones are already in! Very Happy along with his mucho funny pixel sword Razz , more tilesets/updates and models needed for the story of AF to progress. the patchH which myself and borojb are squaring up before shipment should be available fairly soon...not more than a month I would say.
this also includes salve and potion creation,(with all those skele knuckles,ichor,rags,wine,etc all those things you used to get rid of) (and yes you can buy an alchemy table to do it in your own home if you wish Cool )
it also has borojb's incredible golem creation system..not just making one, but building him by building parts first, its definitely his best work I think thus far in terms of sheer coolness. He is also offering his hand in some serious quest systems (and we all love Ember, which (storywise) is his little baby..
so I will (hopefully) take your *I don't really care about the quests erasing..* as I should package up more new content and get you all some much needed post-xmas presents and love before I dig in and spend months tracking an aggravating bug cyclops

enough ranting... expect lots of goodness soon.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  MannyJabrielle Fri May 03, 2013 8:08 am

Ugh, seems this one is back?

Poor Shylock was having issues with the Outpost quest. Got the quest from the mayor's goon, headed off to Strumpet grove, got to the outpost... and nothing. I recall the messenger showing up as you entered the outpost area. He was a no show.

I logged out, logged back in after a few minutes... nothing still.

I roamed around the grove, and picked up the diseased entwoods quest and harvest of halflings quest since I was in the area. I had to log out for a short bit, and when I logged back in, my journal was completely wiped clean, except for the harvest of haflings quest, and the haunted hawthorne manor quest, which had been reset back to just accepted. The wipe also cleared out my fight-styles.

This is actually the 4th time this has happened in the last week. Upon reading over older posts in this thread, I noticed Shady mentioning taking the entwoods quest too before the total journal wipe. That also seems to be the breaking factor for me as well... take the ents wood quest, and boom, journal's totally wiped out next time I log in.

Could there be something with that quest that's causing the total journal wipe?

Until it's fixed... ugh, running the arbor area quests.... again (stupid krastor and his stupid amulet, stupid boy and his stupid axe... blah. Should just turn evil dwarf and burn them all Wink )
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  MannyJabrielle Fri May 03, 2013 10:08 pm

Another couple of quest oddities:

The Boy and his Bloody axe quest never completes. I'll give him the axe, and go back to the material plane, and the quest won't update. If I go back to the shadowplane, there will be TWO father ghosts.

With Sir Krastor, if you lie to him about his amulet, the quest finishes, however talking to him again, his conversation is back to the stage of having finished his previous quest, but not accepted the amulet quest yet.

The Outpost quest... When my journal is reset (either through the resetting bug, or intentionally through the outskirts dwarf), the mayor's goon will still ask you if you've found anything out UNTIL you do the mayor's quest and the outpost quest actually becomes available again, at which point his convo starts up the way it's supposed to.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  MannyJabrielle Tue May 14, 2013 4:26 am

Question: Is the live version of AF up right now significantly different from the module on the vault download page?

I've been digging through the scripts trying to see if I could find the cause of the journal wipe, but it just occurred to me that doesn't help if the two versions of the module aren't quite the same Shocked
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  borojb Fri May 17, 2013 4:06 am

To the best of my knowledge, the live mod and the vault mod
are essentially the same, at least in the sense of the systems
and such. LoW may have added a few items into the live one that
aren't in the vault mod (the last few item sets I had made, etc.)
but that wouldn't make much difference.

Alternately, if you PM me your email address, I can grab the live
version and email it to you or something along those lines.

The last time I actually "conversed" with LoW, he was working
on re-vamping most of the scripting systems to consolidate
and simplify some of the stuff and also looking for those last
few elusive bugs, but I'm not entirely sure what the status
of that project is... Crying or Very sad

Let me know if I can help out, hope to see you in the server... Very Happy

borojb
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Resetting Journal Empty A boy and his bloody axe glitch

Post  Subnormal Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 pm

First of all a Huge thank you to Lord of Worms and to the rest of the modding community for keeping this game alive! Excelent work!
I'm running Arbor Falls using NWNX on my lan network at home, and I'm having the same problem with "A boy and his bloody axe".When ever I, or a party member, rest in arbor falls we are transported to the shadow plane. I have given the axe to weston multiple times and he provides the portal back to the material plane. after that resting in town is no problem, until we leave the town (to go inside the tavern for example), but when we re-enter exterior arborfalls and rest, its back to the shadow plane. there is a new father ghost every time (so now there are six, next time there will be seven). the quest never completes, and i DID change fighting styles recently.
Please help! great game, great mod, looking forward to playing with a group of friends!

Thanks in advance!
Subnormal

Subnormal
CAP Adventurer
CAP Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down