Community Adventure Project
Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fix or Improve??
ashan caine's house EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm by Drgnwlkr

» Is there...
ashan caine's house EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:39 am by Tavion

» Resetting Journal
ashan caine's house EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 pm by Subnormal

» Golem Builder By Borojb
ashan caine's house EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:32 pm by Tavion

» Hack K & L
ashan caine's house EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 pm by Tavion

» Help with the haks
ashan caine's house EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:34 pm by Wyrdwolf

» Character Retirement not working
ashan caine's house EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:43 am by MannyJabrielle

» Yankeeyiddos.com
ashan caine's house EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:58 am by Drgnwlkr

» The Grimm is back!
ashan caine's house EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:41 am by borojb

ashan caine's house

2 posters

Go down

ashan caine's house Empty ashan caine's house

Post  Shady Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:08 am

believe it or don't. i logged in today with ashan caine. went to his house and the database tells me:
-33 items found.
the house is empty. but shouldn't be. please can you look at ashan's database and see if its wonked. if it is, whatever, just delete or flush the entire thing. something hates me owning a house.
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

ashan caine's house Empty Re: ashan caine's house

Post  lord_of_worms Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:47 pm

no problem I can look, do you know if you messed with your house (ashen caines) anytime last week? since I had to revert database prior week to that, so if it was empty 2 weeks ago and you filled it recently, that would most likly be the reason its empty now. Otherwise if not and you have had it filled for awhile now...I can def. take a look. I check all my toons out and they still have everything (minus the stuff I did that week of database corruption)
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:19 pm

I hadn't done anything to the house. i went in and dropped off a bunch of crap in a few chests, and left. when i came back, my old bug returned - missing furniture, things rearranged (ie chest gone but a candleabra in its place...) lots of things were missing and/or replaced by my other furniture.

i emptied out all i could hold in my pockets. redeeded my house, deleted the house variable from my runestone, rebought the house. and it was fine again. -0 items in area. i bought a bunch of stuff and spent a few hours placing 33 items. i left to buy a few more items, and came back to the message:
-33 items found, but nothing loaded in for me. my house is empty but the print out is telling me there are 33.

im okay with you deleting anything you have in my house. flush that thing out and i'll try again. let me know if i should redeed and rebuy... Laughing
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:36 pm

out of curiosity, you dont have these troubles in real life do you? lol

and yeah, I will clean out the DB but will take me a bit, unfortunately it doesn't list them by owner but by activation, so if you do something then someone else somewhere does somethin then it lists it that way...but yeah. np I can clean it out and i will let you know when done. Have you checked Cordoves house? is hers still ok?
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:27 am

her house was ok last time i was there, as was grimple krumple's.
real life seems to treat me better than game life. thank goodness its just a game, or i would be forced to occupy the fellhurst housing authority.
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:11 pm

played with marash last night, house was fine 347 items found. that is correct. all was well.
did not move, add or pick up any last night.
i did use my planar bag to get items out and sort my inventory while in house.
so did ashan. look at that as being a suspect in corrupting the database.
marash now registers 333 items found. so things are now lost and moved. my chest of drawers is now over inside my sofa, where my comfortable spot was located, etc. argh.

can anyone confirm this? am i crazy? there is a bug somewhere here...is it just me, or am i the only one who spends lots of time in the player houses? you should see my house by the way. (yes LoW i will get you screenies soon)
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:15 pm

haha, Shady no you are not crazy, in fact you reminded me of a very important fix for housing I meant to do a long time ago, but forgot.

You see the housing system works almost exclusively through the universal OnAquire/OnUnaquire and writes/reads to database for each instance of this whenever in your house. This allows you to save all your objects and furniture how you set it (of course my convo also does these saves when moving furniture/rotating,etc..but disregard this for now as it doesn'r reflect anything here)

now with it this way you can just plop crap down on your floor (like weapons armor whatever) and it will be there when you return (just like furniture except you dont have to save , just drop the item and go)

BUT, the big BUT is, yeah whenevr you access a n item with an inventory in ANY way ASIDE from furniture items, like chests/drawers,desks,etc..well it really messes up the scripting of the read/writes because it knows you just Aquired/UnAquired an item but it cannot possibly know how to write its XYZ location, so it returns ~null...then of course it can shift reference#'s (cases of your item being somewhere else)..hopefully this clears the confirmations..

now how do I fix it,
well I am gonna take a look shortly a see if it is something I can loop through, but if its too much work then I will just make any items with inventory (on PC) not be usable while in a home.

I will post that as a hotfix by tonight the latest.
(:
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:52 pm

then I will just make any items with inventory (on PC) not be usable while in a home

what about magic bags? very very rare items indeed, but i do have a few of those....they act differently from the planar bag tho, as it doesn't place an object in the house...

not that i've ever burried anything in my home but how will that be effected? I do own a shovel, and maybe just maybe i may need to burry some gold or things in my floor board?

If it was the planar bag all along then i will be happy to never dig into it while inside my house....
maybe we can purchase a special placable chest in our homes that could in theory be the location of the rift from the bag....see what i mean? huh?
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:45 pm

Hail Lord of Worms,
No need to mess with my house database for Ashan Caine. I re-deeded, removed house variable (in the sandbox) re-bought my house and I am now at zero items and will start fresh.

I will not open my planar bag while in my house, nor will I put in a book (that I wrote 6 chapter description in) into my planar bag Sad until further notice.

I'd like to have MarAsh's house door unlocked, so players may wander in....but I would like then to see an option if we click on a container with our key, we can opt to lock it.....persisant lock on the containers possible? we can use our house key....hmmm? Exclamation
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:45 pm

i implemented the no use planar bags inside for now, so it wont fire even if you tried.

persistant containers? hmmm...I think that should be fairly easy to do, so you want them to be able to wander in your house, but not be able to access any containers correct?

and still looking into the planar bag description bug...I dont see it right away as (scriptwise) its not very different from any of the other PW chests...so give me a little more time to track that one down.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:06 am

persistant containers? hmmm...I think that should be fairly easy to do, so you want them to be able to wander in your house, but not be able to access any containers correct?
Ya the containers we can buy in the store-
Well, kind of like the front door of the house. can be toggled locked with the key.
It would be nice to be able to lock the containers if we wanted, to keep items safe from prying fingers.
say i have a chest at the front of my house that has things i don't care if they are removed...a chest of rusty helmets...now back in the bed chambers i might want to have a lock on my armoire that holds my wizard robes. a bookshelf with town portal books open for the public, but my magic library shelf that holds extra furniture pieces,,,um. locked. just an idea, because i think i left my front door open for weeks and i have a lot of containers with hundreds of items. hundreds? i think so. my house has some 345 furniture placeables in it as of now. Its looking pretty good.
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:14 pm

Tag Sale at Shady's houses!! everything must go! no limit to what you can take!! Hurry before this sale ends and containers are lockable! *wink*
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:10 am

I added the option to toggle containers within your residence, you will have to lock all containers you don't want other players getting access. its set as plot/specific key required to open. so wont open no matter what your skills. *which reminds me I wanted to be able to pick players door locks , whats your thought on that? (: *

to make the script as convenient and simple enough as possible you have to use your key to unlock the containers before you can again gain access. in other words, you goto your chest and lock it. if you try to open it yourself it will still say 'Locked' , you will then have to use your key to toggle the lock off, and then you can gain access, but so can everyone else.
in even simpler terms.

once its locked, its locked for everyone
once its unlocked, its unlocked for everyone

but only the owner has the Key to make these changes.

if I had changed it to automagically unlock if you had the key would require you to 'Re-Place ALL containers within ones house', which I didnt think was even a choice considering how stocked my house is as well.

so give it a try, let me know how it works for you, if you leave your place open again, I would love to take a look again.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:14 am

awesome. sounds like exactly what i would want. just the way i thought it. thanks! ill head in later to test it out.
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:10 am

your ideas as well as your brother have always been some of the best additions to AF. I tried it out myself and you can test yourself, I left Hrogribo's house (in stumpett grove) unlocked and open , so go ahead and check it out, all but one bookcase should be available for you to peer into. actually I wondered if you were to put something in there, would it be there for me when I got back? Hmmmm.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:19 pm

visited your house. I did see the print out message of database storage; both when I removed, and added items to your bookshelf. my guess is, it works. what i took, i put in your mailbox for you. left a message.
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:26 pm

Sweet, I will be checking that out tonight!
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down