Community Adventure Project
Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fix or Improve??
Creating Quests EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm by Drgnwlkr

» Is there...
Creating Quests EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:39 am by Tavion

» Resetting Journal
Creating Quests EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 pm by Subnormal

» Golem Builder By Borojb
Creating Quests EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:32 pm by Tavion

» Hack K & L
Creating Quests EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 pm by Tavion

» Help with the haks
Creating Quests EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:34 pm by Wyrdwolf

» Character Retirement not working
Creating Quests EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:43 am by MannyJabrielle

» Yankeeyiddos.com
Creating Quests EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:58 am by Drgnwlkr

» The Grimm is back!
Creating Quests EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:41 am by borojb

Creating Quests

3 posters

Go down

Creating Quests Empty Creating Quests

Post  Drgnwlkr Mon May 07, 2012 9:17 pm

I am at a loss with this. I have been following an example posted on the vault by Lanthar and yet the quest does not work. I do believe it is because the final script did not save but have no way of knowing why not. The error claimed no variable but from the example said, I had entered the variable of 5. It seems I cannot post the example on here but if you have any advice on better ways, unless I need to pick through a quest on the old AF download mod, I would appreciate it Smile
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Creating Quests Empty Re: Creating Quests

Post  lord_of_worms Thu May 10, 2012 12:01 pm

If I sound like a dick, please dont take offense. I am only trying to help...so be prepared...lol.

this question? I have no idea *what* your asking ,let alone know what to provide for an answer.

the fact that you are asking a question about a script system that neither I or borojb have written is fine, but I have no idea which script your even talking about?
I have no idea what *variable* you set, and what that would have to do with anything since I dont know how /why or what it would be utilized in.

at the very very least.
1) a link to the system itself so I could actually download it/read about it for myself to get a better understanding

but better protocol would be
1) a link as above
2) a snippet of the code that you think is giving you a problem
3) maybe even upload the demo mod so we can take a look
4) some kind of history on what the system does...is supposed to do.

now, like I said, not trying to sound like those typical jerks, but yeah...I know i do..but for funs sake let me ask you a question in a similar structure and see if you can provide me an answer Smile

Dear Drgnwlkr,
I like to fish in the lake thats near my house, I heard you are good at fishing.
whats the best place in that lake to fish? also what kind of fish is in that lake? I thought I saw a trout but when I pulled the fish out it wasn't? so what kind of fish was it? also whats that red looking square thing over in the field by the gazebo? what do I do with that?

lol, so you can see....You couldnt possibly answer any of those questions without knowing
1) where i live and what lake I am talking about
2) a description of the fish I caught so you could make at least an educated guess
3) at the every least, give me the name of the field/town so I can google it and see what the hell is that red box thing near the gazebo anyways!!

So....lol, hope you had a smile when you read this and didnt get offended, which of course was/is not my intention.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Thu May 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Another place to ask questions would be on the bioware social boards in the scripting section. you may get better results there, as many great and awesome scripters hang out there.
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  Drgnwlkr Thu May 10, 2012 7:29 pm

I apologize for the vague question and to answer your fishing question, I have found a simple method...use dynamite Twisted Evil works every time Twisted Evil

I thought I had posted a link, again apologies Sad

Well what ya know...3 flash drives and NONE of them have the tutorial for that quest script AND I cannot find the link for it. I'll just tear apart a random quest generator to figure out making some. I do have the tutorial on my desktop but oh well, heheh.
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Thu May 10, 2012 7:40 pm

if your looking to implement a Random Quest system, let me point you to my own one I created...hell I even have the ERF ready to go for once..
I will upload it for you tonight.

works similar to the RS Spawn system in that everything is handled by "easily commented Variables" on the NPC.

this one stop script can handle all sorts of quests and even stores merchants dialogs.

and no worries about the question, like I said I wasnt trying to be a hard ass...

dynamite huh? Hmmm....
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Drgnwlkr Thu May 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Ya have an erf on standby?!?! GREAT Twisted Evil Actually that random quests sounds more interesting than Vul(whatever the rest is)'s...he has a system that uses 6 placed waypoints and a question give. And yes, dynamite does work but...careful of the gamewarden or DNR, whichever Mass may call them, heheh. About the RS Spawner...I noticed it says you can have each spawn run a certain script...could that be used for the torches thus not having to actually place the script on the NPC?
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Thu May 10, 2012 11:21 pm

Now your starting to think like a nwn'er.
yes the RS Spawn system has a OnSpawn script that you can put in that string variable for the torch holders.

and I should have explained better, its not a *random* quest generator, although depending on how you write your dialog it *could* be random.
but it does allow you to just worry about writing the dialogs for the quests and the Journal notes..everything else (scripting/VFX/rewards/XP/gold/etc) gets handled by this include script.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Drgnwlkr Fri May 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Kewl, I'm glad I actually had something thought out correctly! And I'm sure that whatever you've crafted for questing is superior Twisted Evil
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum