Community Adventure Project
Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fix or Improve??
Game crashes when I enter the Fisherman's Cove EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm by Drgnwlkr

» Is there...
Game crashes when I enter the Fisherman's Cove EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:39 am by Tavion

» Resetting Journal
Game crashes when I enter the Fisherman's Cove EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 pm by Subnormal

» Golem Builder By Borojb
Game crashes when I enter the Fisherman's Cove EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:32 pm by Tavion

» Hack K & L
Game crashes when I enter the Fisherman's Cove EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 pm by Tavion

» Help with the haks
Game crashes when I enter the Fisherman's Cove EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:34 pm by Wyrdwolf

» Character Retirement not working
Game crashes when I enter the Fisherman's Cove EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:43 am by MannyJabrielle

» Yankeeyiddos.com
Game crashes when I enter the Fisherman's Cove EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:58 am by Drgnwlkr

» The Grimm is back!
Game crashes when I enter the Fisherman's Cove EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:41 am by borojb

Game crashes when I enter the Fisherman's Cove

4 posters

Go down

Game crashes when I enter the Fisherman's Cove Empty Game crashes when I enter the Fisherman's Cove

Post  SHJ Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:18 am

Hi Sir Worm,

Small issue I run into when I try to enter Fisherman's Cove. My game freezes up and then crashes. I tried downloading all the haks again and reloading them, but it didn't help. I typically drink a few potions before going in, so that may be it, but thought I'd give ya a shout to see if you have any suggestions. Seems to be just me this happens to so far... It's happened with several different toons of mine.

Thanks

SHJ3

P.S. Can't wait for the new tilesets and quests. The Underdark beta looks awesome so far !!
SHJ
SHJ
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Game crashes when I enter the Fisherman's Cove Empty Re: Game crashes when I enter the Fisherman's Cove

Post  lord_of_worms Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:12 pm

is it the Fellhurst - Fishermans Cove (outside area)
or is it the Fishermans Cove - Fishermans House interior thats giving you the crash?

i just tested the interior and dont see anything whacky, but will check exterior area as well.

lemme know so i know where to search.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Game crashes when I enter the Fisherman's Cove Empty Re: Game crashes when I enter the Fisherman's Cove

Post  Shady Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:19 pm

check your override folder too shj. if you have a corrupt or conflicting file in there, that might cause BIG TROUBLE TROUBLE TROUBLE TROUBLE TROUBLE
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:42 pm

absolutely that would be my next request.
Only because I did check into both interior AND exterior fishermans cove and there isnt anything there that should be crashing anything? its pretty simple (no big scripts, no new placeables that havent been used in a hundred other areas?

so yeah, please look into your override for me? just rename it to 'override2' and test if you could?

if its still an issue I will try using your vault PC and test that way too.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  SHJ Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:33 am

I believe I have fixed the problem. Time will tell of course and I spend a LOT of time here.

I tried the solution of renaming my original override folder to something else... same issue.
I then uninstalled and deleted everything related to NWN and reloaded (with help from Shady (discovered a crack on my play cd which wasn't reading some of the sound files)... Thanks again !!) and downloaded all the haks again... just in case.

Upon finally getting back on, I had the same problem. I then started messing with the game settings and actually caused more issues at transition points. That seems to be the key for me... finding the optimum settings.

Thanks for your input and advice.
SHJ
SHJ
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:23 pm

A few things I would look at first: DirectX version, and your video card drivers.
Maybe even your sound drivers, as you had some messed up wav files. One test would be to try to enter the area with sound off in game or maybe even disable your sound and have a go at it. I don't know...

We have traveled there before together, so this sounds new(ish).
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:10 am

Hey all. Just looking around and saw you were having a problem. This suggestion might help.

If you are still having the crashing problem, next time it happens, do this before you do anything else. It might tell you exactly what the problem is.
Go into Windows Explorer, open up your NWN Directory and open the Logs Folder. There should be a file named "nwclientlog1". Hopefully it will say in that log, what your exact problem is.

Reason for checking it before you do anything else, each time you log back in or try to, that file will overwrite.

Just a suggestion, I hope it helps.

Karen
CAP Adventurer
CAP Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:45 pm

What kind of video card are you running? dedicated or is it like a intel embedded graphics?
whats your Operating System?
and just to ask to be sure, you did patch to 1.69 after reinstalling right?

I had two other players (jaybonz and pekapeeks) test and they were fine
I also had my Dad who never even had this game before install ,download haks and test. again no problem here....SO sounds to me like an issue on your end and as others have said...probably sound issues or a corrupted graphic.

but here is how you can tell mostly

IF it is a graphic file (i.e. Bad texture)
Game will load (loading bar status stops almost half way to end) almost all the way, freeze then crash to desktop as if you never had game running

IF it is a MODEL file or SOUND file
Game will load (loading bar stops almost half way to end) BUT game will freeze but NOT crash to desktop, you would have to ctrl-alt-delete to get out of it
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  SHJ Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:16 am

Hi All,

System Specs:

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer GATEWAY
System Model FX541S
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2403 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.77 GB
Total Virtual Memory 6.21 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.31 GB
Page File Space 3.29 GB

Video card: (actual card)
Name NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Adapter Type GeForce 8600 GT, NVIDIA compatible
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Adapter RAM 512.00 MB (536,870,912 bytes)
Installed Drivers nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver Version 7.15.11.7813
Resolution 1440 x 900 x 59 hertz

Thanks for all the possible solutions. I'll be trying them out one at a time. Yes, 1.69 via the critical rebuild prior to loading any haks.

So far I haven't had any issues since the reload and changing the settings in the game. If I have the problem again, I'll try Karen's idea (never knew that... thanks much !!) to start and then go from there. After I reloaded I entered and exited the cove multiple times and changed settings multiple times until I can transition with no problems.

I believe it is highly possible that the crack I discovered on the Play CD when reloading was there for awhile and lead to bad files when I first reloaded the game to play here. It has now reached the point where about 20 files from the ambient folder on the disk can't be read. Since Shady was nice enough to send me the unreadable files, I'm good to go.

As no one else I play with or have talked to has this issue, it is on my end and I'm 99.9% sure it's solved, especially since the issue was only 1 transition point and only into the area, not out. I've since transitioned at that point at least 10 times in a row without a crash.
SHJ
SHJ
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:15 pm

Yay and good to know!!
hell I dont want to lose dedicated players such as yourself due to a bug in my code or design.

good to have you back!
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  SHJ Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:28 am

Milord Worm,

You will never lose me as a player. Have no fear about that !!

Very Happy

Just hurry up and update with the underdark and the new quests... I'm dying for them to go live !!
SHJ
SHJ
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:46 pm

this weekend mate Very Happy

so get your drool blanket out!
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  SHJ Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:21 am

Already have the weekend planned out... Arbor Falls with a few food and relief breaks and very little sleep !!

Drool Blanket has been at my side since I saw the underdark map posted...
SHJ
SHJ
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:52 pm

*case closed* *false bug report*

just for confirmations sake: this was not a problem with the build of the MOD but a problem with the clientside installation.

lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  SHJ Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:56 pm

You are correct sir... A previously undetected crack on an installation disk caused some of the sound files to be slightly corrupted (in my opinion) and a fresh install with known GOOD files caused the problem to stop. Thank you and to all the others who suggested solutions.
SHJ
SHJ
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down