Community Adventure Project
Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fix or Improve??
Whats new and coming EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm by Drgnwlkr

» Is there...
Whats new and coming EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:39 am by Tavion

» Resetting Journal
Whats new and coming EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 pm by Subnormal

» Golem Builder By Borojb
Whats new and coming EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:32 pm by Tavion

» Hack K & L
Whats new and coming EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 pm by Tavion

» Help with the haks
Whats new and coming EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:34 pm by Wyrdwolf

» Character Retirement not working
Whats new and coming EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:43 am by MannyJabrielle

» Yankeeyiddos.com
Whats new and coming EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:58 am by Drgnwlkr

» The Grimm is back!
Whats new and coming EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:41 am by borojb

Whats new and coming

+3
SHJ
andaryth
lord_of_worms
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Whats new and coming Empty Whats new and coming

Post  lord_of_worms Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:56 am

Ok, I know you all haven't seen me online much and may be wondering if anything is happening.

well *deep breath*

This is what we are looking at for the next update.

Like a Star @ heaven Social drinking phenotypes for ALL race and genders. This was a huge undertask as not only do I have to make a male AND female version of Human,Elf,Dwarf,Gnome,Half-Orc and Halfling...which in itself made me sick several times doing it...
but I also have to make each and every mother^%$^ robe for each and ever mother^%$^ male AND female version of Human,Elf,Dwarf,Gnomw,Half-Orc and Halfling...
is your head spinning? well mine is and I am done..I finished..I am still sane (somewhat) and for what? so your PC can look like he is having a drink...Roleplaying reasons?
lol
I am crazy.

anyways on to the list.
Like a Star @ heaven Working with Jaybonz we have half/finished the 'Priar in the Woods' section which takes you further into the main quest started in Fellhurst with "I Smell a Rat"
this quest will have the most complicated scripts I have done for a quest to date. Jaybonz really had a vision for how he wanted the party(you) to be involved. Not your standard go and get this and kill that, we wanted a strategy that is put into play by the quest itself. I am pleased with the results thus far and really look forward myself to giving this quest a runthrough.

Like a Star @ heaven more underdark areas, I think this update will complete all of the upper -dark areas (with finally a few locales with life..not just the lone bartender..hehe, quests, merchants, wandering patrols and of course just plain out slaughtering of denizens)

Like a Star @ heaven Some extra tileset features(in several tilesets)some previously unavailable features and groups. I wont even spoil you with details you will have to see for yourself Twisted Evil

Like a Star @ heaven Flying placeables , due to a nice new hak on the vault (credits on downloads page) we can now see distant ships sailing along fellhurst, complete with docking visuals. Pirate raids when traveling by boat(% chance). Visual floating airships flying over fellhursts outlying lands. Stunning to behold.

Like a Star @ heaven Weapon Breakage.
Some creatures are now 'input' with code that can potentially 'wreck' your favorite weapon. It does go by enhancement bonuses so that a +1 weapon has more chance to break than say a +4 weapon.
Also this system uses specific instances..a few examples as follows.
1) Adamantium Golems can potentially break your weapon
2) Gelatinous Cubes can now melt your weapon in its acidic embrace
3) A Elder Fire elemental could incinerate your weapon.
now this isn't extreme...its not like every 4 hits your going to lose your weapon...but it IS consistent...keep bashing away at that golem with your dagger +1 and secret values are being added...and added..
which is why maybe you should check out any of the smithy's/weaponshops as they will now fix your weapons for a cost ( a new available option in dialog) this will basically 'wipe your slate clean'

Like a Star @ heaven New halfling homes. I know what about the little guys? well IF your of short stature you may opt to purchase housing within the outlying town of Stumpett Grove. There you can buy a suitable underground house. Its all for the little folks.

I have more to write at a later time. Just keeping you all in the loop.

lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Whats new and coming Empty Re: Whats new and coming

Post  lord_of_worms Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:03 am

Like a Star @ heaven Added in Borojb's Re-vamp of a popular add-in that provides taverns a much needed boost in the ales, wines and liquors available. about 30 new varieties have been added througout taverns.

Like a Star @ heaven Added a new scry system for mages, clerics, and bards. A few scrying devices set around mage shops and such allow anyone to use them but even then they are severly restricted. Mages,Clerics and Bards have the ability to set their own scry locations (so far up to 3) with each extra slot being added for a cost. They may then concentrate on the scrying device and send there minds out to any of these distant locations, and if the user has money to spend for additional benifits can travel there as well. Players can also find 'protection from scrying' items as well PC's are given a will save to negate a scry attempt on themselves.

Like a Star @ heaven Added a new Hive quest submitted by a Tom, a fan, edited to work within Arbor Falls by myself.

Like a Star @ heaven FInished the last few areas of Priar in the Woods. Now just putting it together should be the last of the steps.

more to follow..
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Sun May 01, 2011 11:30 pm

Just a note worth mentioning.

the new scry system WILL be persistent...I know right now your 'journal saved scry points get reset on each login/logout

figured I would let you know its in the process of being made persistent...in case any of you were worried thats how it was supposed to be implemented.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  andaryth Sun May 08, 2011 11:59 pm

How is the hak for these updates coming along?

andaryth
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:51 pm

I just finished the bug tileset today(early early this morning) and have a few more things to touch up (creature wise) and a few 2da line changes for custom holdable holy/mystic symbols (asked for by borojb). Update should be coming by sunday night/early monday morning. sorry for any of you that were hoping to get the goods for this saturday night but its just not ready and its far too nice out to keep my lil' boy trapped in the house while i build so won't get back to working on anything till tonight.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:57 pm

also as a side note. Before I update I was going to offer an option to Torbel the Outskirts messenger to be able to remove Quest Journal entries to any player for a cost of course.
this would allow you to re-take all the major quests...

(housing status, fighting animations/plot journals,etc would not be touched by this option)

what do you think? yes no? and what kind of 'cost' ? XP or gold??
thoughts?
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  SHJ Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:13 pm

Yes on the remove quest option. In case something happens and you run into a broken quest... say a server crash, or you were part of a party and left prior to the finish and now you don't have the keys, etc.

I think a cost in GP may be a good idea... equal to half of the total end XP reward??

That way if you remove say... the Diamond Mine quest, it costs you to be able to redo it.
SHJ
SHJ
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  MannyJabrielle Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:03 am

Still very new to the server, so I don't know yet which cost would be more of an ouch, but being able to redo a quest again sounds great if you missed a bit of detail or as mentioned, a server crash or such happens.

A thought too. I deleted a couple 'false start' characters, and I noticed that the NPC mentions that issues such as completed quests stay completed if you reuse the name. Might be a good idea to have the quest redo automatically tagged into the character retirement. If the player redoes the character name, the new character will be back at level 1 and poor again, so they wouldn't have either XP or GP to pay for redoing a quest.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Whats new and coming Empty Holy Symbols

Post  borojb Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:07 am

First off, I tend to agree with SHJ on the quest removal reasons and costs.

Secondly , regarding the holy symbols, the plan is to have some left hand/torch
replaceable holy symbols for all the good (and evil) clerics and paladins out there. They
will be graduated in power based on cleric levels (or pally) at level-up. That is
if you have a holy symbol, it will be replaced by a more powerful one every three
or four levels. The question I have is: obviously the Temple of Tymora and Myrkul
will sell symbols specific to those dieties, but is there anyone playing a cleric
who wants a specific diety to be represented other than those two? If you respond
in this thread or send me a message in game, I will try to take care of you. Nekht
Semrekeht anyone?

(Long live REH Very Happy )

borojb
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  SHJ Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:11 am

Well... deities... with followers...

So far I have a toons worshiping:
Ghaunadaur (for the nice robes and dagger.)
Torm of course...
Ilnerval
Clangeddin

Last edited by SHJ on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification of which deities have a clr / pal / bg worshiping them)
SHJ
SHJ
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  JFK Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:09 pm

It'd be nice to have a symbol for Valkur, in the event I get the chance to play again as Aragnosh Cordwaine, Swab of Valkur. Wink
JFK
JFK
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:19 am

so RL turned its head yesterday as well...my co-worker called in sick and it rested on me to handle the On Call for the rest of the day/night.
so it seems every time I try and set a schedule it gets crapped on by RL, so this time i am just going to say
"It would be nice if i can upload my modifications tonight"

and leave it at that Very Happy

but that gives me time to throw some of those god-images onto some of my holdable symbols (:
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:26 pm

also just since we have a little time to add some extra stuff before I get home today (its a simple cut and paste so wont be difficult)

I have the following 'deity specific' holy symbols.

Bane
Lathander
Mystra
Siamorphe
Tempus
Tyr
Waukeen
Tymora
Myrkul

will add the following (per request)
Ghaunadaur
Torm
Ilnerval
Clangeddin
Valkur

also I should note that this PW is NOT hard core rules...so if you have a deity that you want to worship that 'isn't' part of the standard FR theme...no worries just send me a link to a pic and we can get you something...

lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  borojb Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:33 pm

That seems like a pretty fair representation to me. Thanks for
doing all that...

Looks like I have some work to do Twisted Evil

borojb
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Whats new and coming Empty Ilnerval ??

Post  borojb Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:40 pm

OK -

I might be little out of the loop, but I was building a database
of the chosen deities (followers, domains, symbols, etc) and I
can't find any references to Ilnerval at all. Google is my friend,
but evidently he's pissed at me right now, cause I'm having
no luck... Very Happy

So if anyone could point me in the right direction....
Thanks

borojb
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  MannyJabrielle Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:33 pm

Orc god... NE, favored weapon longsword (Foesmiter). Domains: evil, destruction, planning, war, orcs. Symbol, a bloody longsword. portfolio: war, overwhelming numbers, combat, strategy.

And that is the sum total of information that I could find in the FR campaign setting book lol!
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  SHJ Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:58 pm

Spelling error as I have fat fingers...

Ilneval

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilneval

SHJ
SHJ
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  borojb Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks for the responses guys, I now have it under control...lol

Hmm...bloody swords and orcs...

borojb
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:14 pm

added in all the following for holdable symbols as well as wearable amulets

Bane
Clangeddin
Cyric
Ghaun (sp)
iLmater
iLneval
Kelemvor
Lathander
Malar
Mask
Mystra
Shar
Siamorphe
Tempus
Torm
Tymora
Tyr
Valkur
Valshoon (sp)
Waukeen

-------------

added in over 500 new placeables (over 100 in alchemy potion bottles,tools,globes,etc alone)

------------

over 20 new creatures including Formorian Giant, Bone Claw, tombstone golems, babau's, rutterkins, giant slugs and more!

------------

added in several new 'tiles' for sets including halfling houses, bug tunnels, lava and ice caves and more.

------------
new drinking/social phenotype for all races

------------
more heads
-----------
more helmets
-----------

holdable lanterns, mage staffs, candleabras, candles, and other oddities...no more using just torches for your light source.

-----------

assorted numerous VFX (special fx)
-----------
and still building/adding in some last minute stuff so now is the absolute time to request for any last minute stuff....no and's/if's or buts this hak will be made available this thursday 16th so request anything before then.

(this is for HAK custom content only either already available from community or a request for me to design something)
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  MannyJabrielle Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Question about appearances... There's a few weapons that have the 'fable weapon' looks in the toolset, but can't be done with the weaponsmith. Will those be doable along choosing the new heads?

And whoohoo! Drinking phenotypes for the dwarves! my dwarf so needs to be able to hold his tankard in a manner that doesn't spill out his ale!
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:55 pm

I have since fixed the 'range' that my scripts for altering (in game) to reflect the true range of appearances in toolset

this includes so far:

Heads (humans, dwarves, gnomes, halflings, half-orcs and elves)
weapons (bladed and blunts)
robes and armors (male and female)

and yes dwarves and every other race can now drink with the rest of those damn male humans!
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  MannyJabrielle Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Woohoo!

Oh, and as for addition ideas... Lisa and Amethyst Dragon's cloaks?

Lisa's third stab at fancy-schmancy cloaks...
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=6893

AD's cloaks public release 1
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=46783&id=7389

Afterall, what drow would be complete without a spiderweb cloak? Very Happy

I can put together the 2da to merge those, along with that unhiding wings/tails idea we talked about Smile
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:03 pm

well if you can get the 2da merges done and uploaded by this wednsday then I can guarantee it will make it for the thursday update hak release.

lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:45 pm

nevermind.

added in the cloaks (lisa's and amethyst dragons) boy that was easy! also edited the wing and shoulder nodes in the 2da like you asked.

so voila' done. what else ya got? lol

I am thinking these cloaks were sooooooo easy to set up (no friggin reordering 2da lines and the like) that I may make a few Arbor Falls exclusive cloaks...so what do you all think?

what are some good concepts that you might like to see cloakwise.

lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenixoverlord Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:25 pm

LoW, not a request, but a question. Where are you at in terms of the item/placeable hard limit of the game? I forgot what it was again, but isn't it around 32k or that range at least?

Phoenixoverlord
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next