Community Adventure Project
Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fix or Improve??
Greeetings  EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm by Drgnwlkr

» Is there...
Greeetings  EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:39 am by Tavion

» Resetting Journal
Greeetings  EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 pm by Subnormal

» Golem Builder By Borojb
Greeetings  EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:32 pm by Tavion

» Hack K & L
Greeetings  EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 pm by Tavion

» Help with the haks
Greeetings  EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:34 pm by Wyrdwolf

» Character Retirement not working
Greeetings  EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:43 am by MannyJabrielle

» Yankeeyiddos.com
Greeetings  EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:58 am by Drgnwlkr

» The Grimm is back!
Greeetings  EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:41 am by borojb

Greeetings

2 posters

Go down

Greeetings  Empty Greeetings

Post  kanaak Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:33 pm

Hello!

I am Jack the Newcomer... but... ekhm... that's not entirely true...
I saw the screen shots, I read this and that on forum, I liked what I saw very much. So why I didn't log in straight away? There is this nice green thingy on your main website which scares me. It showed 0/20 entire day.

I don't mind small communities (actually I prefer them over crowded ones), but I do mind timezones Smile

I am from Poland (GMT+1) and while I have nothing against playing in late evenings I hate playing in early mornings. That's why, before I will download this wonderful stuff you've got here and log in, I would like to know when can I actually meet someone.

As for my role play experience... I played a lot of pen&paper back when I was younger. NWN ended this delightful period as I started to do the same with nice graphical interface, computer that did all calculations for me and players available 24/7. Shortly after that NWN2 came out and... here I am. After almost 3 years I am migrating back from wonderful Dammendrech and rather awful and crowded Elements of Aesyr (aka Myths of Atalan) to good old NWN1.

So... Can I ask where majority of your server's player base live and when they actually log in? Smile
kanaak
kanaak
CAP Adventurer
CAP Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Greeetings  Empty Re: Greeetings

Post  lord_of_worms Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:24 pm

First off, glad to have you here and welcome! I will answer the best that I can and I am sure a few of our players will be posting some info for you as well.

We are a small player base for sure, but dont let that stop you from enjoying yourself.
since it's small you have a good chance of actually shaping the world, not simple dialog choices or pre-scripted events, but actually make suggestions, ask for improvements, submit your own content and see it become part of the growing world of Arbor Falls.

I am not sure what the time zone is there atm, but I find hours of 7pm to 1am seems to be the most popular (based on my own Eastern Time Zones)

as for where I live, East Coast,Massachussetts.

number of people is about 7-8 at the most, usually around 4-5 on average daily basis.

Thurs-Fri-Sat seem to be the most popular nights for playing, as many of us build/test new content early in the week (we have monthly updates to add new content all the time)
I welcome you to check it out this thursday if you would like to meet some of our regulars.

~Take care
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  kanaak Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:04 am

As I said I perceive small player base as advantage Wink

Timezone difference is stunning though. Google says that Massachusetts is GMT (-4) meaning that by the time you sit at your PC at 7 pm my clock shows 1 am.

Nevertheless... I think I will give it a try. Sleep is for the weak, right?

I have a couple of questions then:
1) How many DMs you have?
2) How I am actually installing all this custom content? Can you give me a link to a guide where to place it in NWN directory? OR is this knowledge to be found in fancy readme.txt in the archive? Wink
3) I noticed at your NWNvault page a long list of haks... do I miss a lot if I skip those not necessary ones?

Edit:
Ah! One more... Classes and races... any changes there? I might missed it somewhere, but I haven't found page with Arbor lore and other stuff like that...

Edit 2:
I couldn't wait, so I called other dude that played here few months ago (and actually directed me to this PW) and got the answers I wanted. Hopefully we will meet IG soon Wink
kanaak
kanaak
CAP Adventurer
CAP Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  kanaak Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:15 pm

First thing I would like to ask about is deleting my first character: Lockhart. I created that guy just to look around and test server's custom content.

Hopefully it will not be too much trouble Wink
kanaak
kanaak
CAP Adventurer
CAP Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:52 pm

No problem.

there isnt much for game restrictions at the moment, and background is still being more or less developed by Arbor Falls' player base.
character calsses? no just the same ones except we have vampires, and werewolves as playable races (although you need to be *turned* into one in game either by being attacked or willingly undergoing transformation

as for deleting your character?

if you goto outskirts and talk to the dwarf (the area where you first come into game officially) he has an option to delete your own toons.
I will add this as an option for your pw runestone so you dont have to treck back there all the time in next update.

and some notes for you since your a first timer here.

1) Use your Persistant Runestone activate ability on yourself for lots of personal options and info
2) when first starting off try to avoid sleeping anywhere outseide, you may not like the surprise that might find you

also the 7pm thing is *my* time on only, as for players like SHJ , well that guys on sometimes for all day/night sessions...sometimes I think he owns stock in Arbor Falls.
and others as well are on very early (for me) like afternoons and early early evenings

lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  kanaak Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:26 pm

Glad to hear that.

Last question then: do you have chat or IRC channel of some sort?
kanaak
kanaak
CAP Adventurer
CAP Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:42 pm

Not chats really since AF is still fairly unknown
But I do have a ventrilo server running for AF if u ever wanted to chat in game
Info can be found under player announcements
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms