Community Adventure Project
Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fix or Improve??
Community Adventure Project FAQ :: Read Here First EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm by Drgnwlkr

» Is there...
Community Adventure Project FAQ :: Read Here First EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:39 am by Tavion

» Resetting Journal
Community Adventure Project FAQ :: Read Here First EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 pm by Subnormal

» Golem Builder By Borojb
Community Adventure Project FAQ :: Read Here First EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:32 pm by Tavion

» Hack K & L
Community Adventure Project FAQ :: Read Here First EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 pm by Tavion

» Help with the haks
Community Adventure Project FAQ :: Read Here First EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:34 pm by Wyrdwolf

» Character Retirement not working
Community Adventure Project FAQ :: Read Here First EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:43 am by MannyJabrielle

» Yankeeyiddos.com
Community Adventure Project FAQ :: Read Here First EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:58 am by Drgnwlkr

» The Grimm is back!
Community Adventure Project FAQ :: Read Here First EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:41 am by borojb

Community Adventure Project FAQ :: Read Here First

Go down

Community Adventure Project FAQ :: Read Here First Empty Community Adventure Project FAQ :: Read Here First

Post  9fires Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:52 am

QuestionWhat is the CAP?
The CAP is a highly detailed persistent world designed with one purpose in mind - Providing a wonderful setting within which people can role play and adventure.
The CAP is a persistent multiplayer world that uses the best content from our Modding Community combined with the creative talent culled from almost seven years of playing this game.
The CAP is a system developed and refined behind closed doors over the last couple of years and is the product of six years experience in the field of farting around in the Aurora Toolset. The rule set is immersive and addicting. Your character is more than just a toon, but something living and breathing in a world, that lives and breaths with them.
The CAP is a sandbox storybook adventure.

QuestionHow often will the Server be Updated?
Real life permitting, the server will receive updates weekly, based on the community's input and the needs of the module. See the State of Development for all details regarding updates.

QuestionCan I create my own Factions?
Yes. In fact I encourage you to create your own factions. What you will need to do is write a descriptive blurb describing the faction's general philosophy, as I have for the 7 default factions; and give an outline of the Faction's properties (ability bonuses, bonus feats, skill bonuses and appearance). All community created factions will be open to anyone who wishes to belong. See Guilds below.

QuestionCan I create my own Guild?
Yup. Guilds must have at least three members to qualify. The first fifty guilds will qualify for a unique language. If you create a guild and a faction, we can discuss possibly making the faction unique and exclusive to members of the guild. I'm not gonna guarantee you anything on this front, but its certainly not out of the realm of the possible.

QuestionCan I own property?
Yes. However, I'm not going to cut and paste a bunch of areas, if you are not satisfied with just renting a room at an inn or flopping at the the guild hall, I will build you an area (or you may build it yourself). The cost and prerequisites for the area are contingent on your requirements and will be settled up in game.

QuestionWhat are the multi-class rules?
There is only one hard and fast rule here and that is Divine and Arcane character classes can not mix. Its scripted in, so don't even bother trying. Why? PvP balancing. NWN is not designed to support PvP and some class mixes produce unstoppable player-killing machines. To smooth out those inconsistencies this arcane/divine exclusivity was encoded.

QuestionWhat feats are banned
Dev Crit and HiPS have both been disabled.
Dev Crit has been replaced by an enhanced system that allows for a more involving combat experience.
Solutions to HiPS are being looked at.
These two feats have been taken out for the exact same reason as the multi-class restriction.

QuestionWhat spell modifications have been done?
Almost none. Time Stop is an area effect and that's the most obvious one. I don't usually play spellcasters myself so I left them alone. I'm not gonna smurf out a bunch of spells because of some vague notion of an imbalance or what have you. Magic is supposed to be powerful, and so it is. Just be mindful of Wild and Dead Magic Areas.

QuestionWhat is the limit on magical items?
Generally speaking, there isn't one. You should be able to find a +3 item with little difficulty. The CAP is structured in such a way to allow for purdy much anything and not have it utterly ruin game balance.
Once you have uncovered the secrets of enchanting, the doors are really blown off and the sky is the limit. The core build philosophy around here is effort = reward. The more you put in, the more you get out; and this exemplified best in the methods by which you can attain phenomenal cosmic power.

Question What about DM coverage?
Currently we have 3 staff members - me, Spartan and Ajax, I am not a DM, I'm a player, builder, script writer and sysadmin. Spartan and Ajax will be the ones spinnin' tales.
If you should run into an emergency in the game, your Player Commander Interface has many self help tools to straighten you out. Also, there is an inventory cleaner switch located in the basement of the Perdition Adventurer's Guild. Be careful with that... it will take everything from your character and purge your character's persistent data... Its to be used only at the very end of need.

Question What Subraces are Available to Play?
The CAP doesn't subscribe to the convention of 'subraces' per se, well, at least not as a rule. There are seven factions to choose from and only one of them would be what you might consider a true race. Without giving too much away, I'll give you a synopsis of who is what -

Like a Star @ heaven Ares Brigade: These are the knights of the realm, true dyed in the wool cavaliers.
Like a Star @ heaven Lazerus Fellowship: The Fellowship is comprised of scholars, wizards and intellectuals.
Like a Star @ heaven Kopa Loei: Ragers, beserkers and shock troopers. These guys are the rough and tumble.
Like a Star @ heaven Knights of Fyenna: The woodland protectors, rangers, druids and others whose interests are predominated with the preservation of the natural world.
Like a Star @ heaven Folk: The guys are fence sitters and often act as intermediaries between opposing factions.
Like a Star @ heaven Nafandi: Rogues, assassins and cut throats. The Nafandi are mayhaps the darkest of the lot.
Like a Star @ heaven Warforged: The Warforged are a race of living constructs created by the Ares Brigade and the Fellowship to combat the Enemy and the legions of dark things that follow him.

Plus one new, player created faction:

Like a Star @ heaven Fey: Traditionally dwelling in regions of high quintessential energies, the Fey, find themselves pressed to take up arms against the Enemy or submit to annihilation. Created by Beansidhe aka jade griffon
9fires
9fires
CAP Lord
CAP Lord

https://communityadventure.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down