Community Adventure Project
Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fix or Improve??
Question about integration of PRC EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm by Drgnwlkr

» Is there...
Question about integration of PRC EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:39 am by Tavion

» Resetting Journal
Question about integration of PRC EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 pm by Subnormal

» Golem Builder By Borojb
Question about integration of PRC EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:32 pm by Tavion

» Hack K & L
Question about integration of PRC EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 pm by Tavion

» Help with the haks
Question about integration of PRC EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:34 pm by Wyrdwolf

» Character Retirement not working
Question about integration of PRC EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:43 am by MannyJabrielle

» Yankeeyiddos.com
Question about integration of PRC EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:58 am by Drgnwlkr

» The Grimm is back!
Question about integration of PRC EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:41 am by borojb

Question about integration of PRC

2 posters

Go down

Question about integration of PRC Empty Question about integration of PRC

Post  Phoenixoverlord Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Hullo all!

LoW, first of all a BIG thank you for sharing this wonderful world with the masses and for making it completely available. My wife and I have been wandering around on the world on a server I run at home and have been completely blown away. Truly, this is what NWN2 should have been!

I was wondering if anyone has ever looked at integrating or did integrate the PRC with your PW? I added their haks to the module and ran a quick conflict check only to notice that there are indeed quite a few conflicts. Not surprising of course since both endeavours were done separately. I used to play on a PW where we used the epic spell system from PRC (and only that), which was much preferred over the epic spell feats implemented in NWN. Your mileage may vary of course!

I've also always been very much interested in the broad range of classes and races that the PRC can add to a world. Hence why I was wondering if it had been done before. Smile

Phoenixoverlord
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Question about integration of PRC Empty Re: Question about integration of PRC

Post  lord_of_worms Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:03 pm

anytime and I am glad you like it! and I especially enjoy that many are using this as their 'own' home PW...makes me feel tingly inside!

as for the PRC, I know several peeps took a stab at it, off the top of my head I think some members from NWN extended tried it (dont know if they were successful as they only asked some questions that I answered then I hadn't heard from them again)
of course if you are serious about it, I myself have toyed with the idea of implementing it so I can also take a closer look (since I know my own code better than anyone else) and maybe we can get this done (even as a add-in if I add a module switch at run-time based on a module wide variable)

lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenixoverlord Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:40 pm

Heh, there's an understatement if ever. "Like it" doesn't quite describe how I feel about what you've done with NWN. Wink

With the PRC being halted now as of March or so, there won't be any major changes coming from that way. This weekend I took a quick and dirty stab at it and added their haks on top in version 12 from the vault and ran a comp. check. I noticed some overlap here and there, with the bulk being in the special effects 2DA if I recall correctly. The other 2DAs that I noticed had items on different lines than yours. The event scriptslook more troublesome. On their FAQ it's stated to add them or if a script is already there (as is the case) to add executescript("PRC_xxx"); in the top of each script. I tried that, but it gave me compiling errors about another PRC script it couldn't find. On their forum I found that it was part of yet another hak (again if I recall correctly prc_include.hak). Adding that one to the mod didn't change anything though.

Well I definitely don't want to add additional work, but looks like you had already considered using it yourself. There's a lot of neat material in there and as per my first post, we used the epic spell system on another PW. It's infinitely superior to the feat-based system. I've only barely played with the races/classes on a blank module (oh how easy that is Wink), but the possibilities are amazing. Let me know what I can do to help you out. I'm a noob when it comes to updating modules and integrating stuff, but I've helped others before updating another PW to version 1.69. It had never been done before as there was a tonne of custom content which of course conflicted with the 1.69 material. It involved updating blueprints, etc. It's been a while though, so I'm quite rusty. Smile

Phoenixoverlord
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:00 pm

well for help what would be beneficial is if I could have you 'testdrive' the installation when I am implementing it.

2da's I am not worried about and my guess is the scripts wont compile because you need an include script (which was prob. part of a hak that needed to be re-compiled/built before trying to compile all those other scripts)
I had looked at it before and the only reason I gave up was because of the frequent updates and changes to the core system which would have been nightmare constantly re-fixing code.

but if it has halted progress that might be all I need to give it another go...
you wouldnt happen to have a link (s) to the actual page where i can get this most recent version so I (and you) will at least be on the same page as to what version I am attempting to merge.

I know many other players would love the opportuinity to try some of the other prestige classes and extra spells I know that PRC adds.

lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenixoverlord Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Oh please, don't twist my arm like that! Wink Of course I'd be willing to test and debug!

Here's the FAQ: http://www.nwnprc.com/nwn/index.html

The PRC pack: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=7870

There seems to be 2 components. One is of course the actual pack, the other being a server pack only. I believe that this will allow users who log on to make their characters right on the server as opposed to using a 3rd party app and then having to import that character on the server vault (which could be a nightmare for admins).

Work on the PRC has actually been completely halted as of January 20th. So yeah, there's no "risk" of there being any major modifications (if any) published.

Phoenixoverlord
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:02 pm

reading and downloading.

obviously this wont be even attempted until I finish up my big update so I can start 'fresh' so to speak. (:
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenixoverlord Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:07 pm

You mean we won't get instant gratification? Scandalous!

All kidding aside, I'm already giddy about the next big update. The PRC is truly only (nice) fluff, so I didn't expect anyone to hand over a solution. You call me when you need me for testing, Sir, and Ill happily oblige.

Phoenixoverlord
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenixoverlord Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:11 pm

I realize this is a very old topic, but... have you ever been able to think about the integration of PRC and AF? Even if it's impossible to add say classes, etc, the epic spell system is still waaaaaaaaay better than the original NWN one. Smile

Phoenixoverlord
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down