Community Adventure Project
Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fix or Improve??
SQL database + persistency of location EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm by Drgnwlkr

» Is there...
SQL database + persistency of location EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:39 am by Tavion

» Resetting Journal
SQL database + persistency of location EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 pm by Subnormal

» Golem Builder By Borojb
SQL database + persistency of location EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:32 pm by Tavion

» Hack K & L
SQL database + persistency of location EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 pm by Tavion

» Help with the haks
SQL database + persistency of location EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:34 pm by Wyrdwolf

» Character Retirement not working
SQL database + persistency of location EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:43 am by MannyJabrielle

» Yankeeyiddos.com
SQL database + persistency of location EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:58 am by Drgnwlkr

» The Grimm is back!
SQL database + persistency of location EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:41 am by borojb

SQL database + persistency of location

2 posters

Go down

SQL database + persistency of location Empty SQL database + persistency of location

Post  Phoenixoverlord Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:21 pm

I already have another PW running in a MSSQL database and I thought to add yours as well in there. So I got that nifty little FireFox tool to look at and convert the SQLLite db file, but I noticed that many of your tables have a type of "blob", whereas others are the more recognisable "text" format. Can this be replaced by another type? Because creating the tables doesn't really work all that well. Smile

Nothing critical, I was just wondering.

Second, I run version 12 and after a reset the PC's location is not saved. I used the runestone and while I get the message that the location is stored, after talking to the NPC at the starting area nothing happens when I choose the option to go back to a saved location. Sorry if I missed a post in the forum about that.

Phoenixoverlord
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

SQL database + persistency of location Empty Re: SQL database + persistency of location

Post  lord_of_worms Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:43 pm

I would hold off on the actual v12 module as I will be uploading the most current build the same time mine goes live. this will fix many bugs as well as the persistant location.

as for the txt format..
blob is used by sqLITE for storing objects. using TXT always was 50/50 for me...
MySQL doesnt have this issue so yes, you can change the format from blob to text.

I will post here for you when its live and you can download the newest version.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down