Community Adventure Project
Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fix or Improve??
Well met to all - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm by Drgnwlkr

» Is there...
Well met to all - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:39 am by Tavion

» Resetting Journal
Well met to all - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 pm by Subnormal

» Golem Builder By Borojb
Well met to all - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:32 pm by Tavion

» Hack K & L
Well met to all - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 pm by Tavion

» Help with the haks
Well met to all - Page 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:34 pm by Wyrdwolf

» Character Retirement not working
Well met to all - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:43 am by MannyJabrielle

» Yankeeyiddos.com
Well met to all - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:58 am by Drgnwlkr

» The Grimm is back!
Well met to all - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:41 am by borojb

Well met to all

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Well met to all - Page 2 Empty Re: Well met to all

Post  Drgnwlkr Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:55 am

I am actually working on my own project. It has been in process for about 5yrs now. I do use your tilesets but haven't used any of the core haks that are required to play Arbor Falls. Actually, it is because of you and the Amethyst Dragon that I have taken up putting my ideas into some form of reality. I mean this with the utmost respect and admiration! My gaming began on a MUDD and some friends wanted to create out own way back then. I started playing NWN online in '05 and once I started learning the toolset, I began to realize my visions could actually come true. Of course, not being very knowledgeable about game creation, it has been a long and tedious journey to get where I am today, heh. I do DM (well did but playerbase has died off) on another server so I try to keep my building framed around different perspectives. After wandering around on Arbor Falls, I find that I have a distaste for flat landscape now, heheh.

Anyways, sorry for such a long post. I do thank you and all the others for your contributions to the NWN community! Without wondrous crafters such as yourself, we mere players would have been bored long ago.
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:19 am

I do thank you and all the others for your contributions to the NWN community! Without wondrous crafters such as yourself, we mere players would have been bored long ago.

indeed.
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:02 am

Well however I can help just post here, posts usually don't go more than a day or two unreplied.

we are, afterall, a nwn family (:
I will help however I may. as I am sure others here could in my absence.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Drgnwlkr Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:25 am

I thank you =)

I had asked about the postal system you have on Arbor Falls...is it your own creation? I'm not sure just how much you have made specifically. I am actually working on my project right now, heh. I know there's much to do, we're just taking our time right now and mulling over things we want in the mod. I'm actually the most active worker on the project =) Now that you offer, my mind is so cluttered with questions I can't get one out, heheh.

Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:17 pm

the postal system is a heavily modified version of Markshire Message system.
it originally only did email, but I altered the color coded text, added in the persistant aspect of the mailbox, added in the deposit boxes and added code for the mailboxes to read the door database for housing to allow each personal home to have their own mailbox system.

it *should* be able to be pulled out of AF as its not using any haks (except the mailbox placabel) but if you didnt want that you could leave it out entirely.

I will post a link to the original source for the mailbox when I get home. (at work currently)
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Drgnwlkr Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:30 pm

How would I 'pull' it out of AF? I haven't checked the other 'postal' downloads I have yet. I like yours because a PC can leave a 'gift' for another as well as messages. You are doing that 'temp' work now? Congratz, if so. Very Happy
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:33 pm

I had packaged it up as an erf awhile ago for ease of implementing into my Test Builds.
Let me find it for you and send it.

whats a good email addy to send to?
it DOES need a small hak file(included), (for the placeable mailbox) but once imported you can easily remove hak and just change the mailbox placeable to a default bioware stock model ant to keep your project hakless.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Drgnwlkr Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:36 pm

Thank you so much! You can email it to mystwalker@gmail.com ...the other 2 I looked at just wasn't what I liked. Thank you again for your help =)
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Drgnwlkr Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:39 am

I'm really baffled at why my PC keeps logging on with her armor removed. I thought maybe it was a 'Feats' issue since I get the 'You cannot use that item' every now and then but that isn't the case. She has the medium proficiency for the Orc Hide Armor +3. The only thing that bothers me about her removing the armor when I leave the server is that it moves most things in my inventory and causes some of my quick slotted items to be changed or gone. Any help with this?
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  MannyJabrielle Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:15 am

What are the requirements on the armor besides the armor proficiency? If it's an item you can equip through UMD, your charisma enhancing gear could make your UMD score a point or two less right at logon than is required to wear the armor.... raise your CHA or UMD through level ups.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Drgnwlkr Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:03 pm

Thanks Manny =) Her CHA is 10 and UMD is maxed for lev9. She has the armor heavy/medium/light, if I'm remembering correctly...which I'm not sure how she got the heavy. I believe the only other stat to the armor is Move Silently +10. I'll check soon to be sure.
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Drgnwlkr Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Are there storms up your way Worm? Server has acted funny this afternoon and did a slight reset earlier with a full reset just now.
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Drgnwlkr Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:44 am

Well Arauka's armor woes are fixed. She has a different set now. Has anyone ever experienced an address error when closing the toolset? I can build and save my work but when I close I get an access error.
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Drgnwlkr Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:38 am

Just wanted to comment more about how great it is to adventure on Arbor Falls...outstanding work!!!
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:59 pm

woops, sorry for some starnge reason my forums were not 'updating' new posts so I didnt realize you been posting new questions...

yikes.

my server is prone to issues from time to time, I wish I could say it was a storm or whatnot, usually its my son or girl messing with bittorrents foir whatever new movie or songs are out, and with Twilight saga coming out this last weekend, my computer was host to all sorts of Jacob Edward Bella music, videos, clips,pictures...ugh..save me. makes me want to put a 'twilight' mod in Arbor Falls...lol

I am glad the armor thing worked out for you..

as for the toolset, possible memory error is my guess. You should look into this thread. Virusman has hacked the tooset to allow full memory allocation and a bunch of other nice features (areas with thousands of placeables no longer lag the hell out of the preview screen when selecting a placeable within the worldview screen. indispensable for me.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/188/index/7645830

check the bottom of the post by Virusman for the actual download link.
then just place files in your NWN folder (the one where tooset resides) and then use the included launcher to launch toolset rather than launching tooslet directly.

and thanks for the comments, I am glad you like it here!!
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Drgnwlkr Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:14 pm

Thanks for the insight! I'll download that file now. I've noticed the error began when I became enlightened to the better ways to manipulate your tilesets such as you do in Fellhurst. I (so far) only get the error when I click the area that I built using some of your technique...perhaps you have an 'auto error' patent attached? Shocked j/k

Arbor Falls is nice and I enjoy the 'eye candy' aspect of gaming which your creations supply enough sugar coating!

I know you are busy and I'm honestly not rushing anything bu when you can, I'd like to get that erf for your postal system. Like I said, forgive me if I seem to be impatient. The project I'm working on is slow paced anyways and is by no means in a state of rush either. Between you and Amethyst Dragon, my building skills have gotten far better and thus started my mind contemplating all kinds of custom ideas that I have no clue to create, heheh.

I think Manny was correct in the troubles I was having with that armor but I'm not sure and since a friend started Arbor Falls, I've created a dwarf to run around with, heheh. Gods forbid he shows up at the temple naked!!! At least Arauka isn't an eyesore! Twisted Evil
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Drgnwlkr Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:55 pm

About your thoughts of 'Twilighting' Shocked Arbor Falls... I wonder how difficult it would be to create areas that spawned battles when the PC ventured in? This is something I have thought to place into the project I'm working on. Say an adventurer stumbles onto a plain where 4-7 warriors from one clan/kingdom waged war against another or an adventuring group of PCs on horseback happen across a similar group of opposing faction knights that they must fight. What are you thoughts on these?
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Drgnwlkr Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:25 am

Okay, I dl'd that compiler but still got the same 'error'...here it is...

Access violation at address 0067336B in module 'nwtoolset.exe'. Read of address 0031305B.

It does only occur when I try to close the toolset from the area I built with your Season v10 tileset but I have several areas from the same tileset so I don't believe that is the problem and don't mean to imply that either =)

I did notice a message when I first did a build of the module with this new NWNTX that said something about the 'folder or file' being full. I just opened the module again and did another build to get that message but it didn't give one this time, heh.
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Drgnwlkr Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Ack! It would seem that one should not drop anything on the ground, heheh. I was wondering too, do those stone of fire/acid/vibration work? When I use them, the attribute doesn't list for the weapon. And what's up with the crazy citizens of Arbor Falls running about going into shops and the temple then disappearing? Hehe
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  MannyJabrielle Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:44 am

the grim stones don't add a special property per-se. They simply change the VFX on the weapon. There's a stone for acid, electrical, fire, cold, sonic, evil, holy, and a "null" no VFX stone.

(and on a side note... I find it kinda funny that Shylock Grim doesn't have any of his own Grimstones lol)

And I believe you see the NPCs running around right as the server starts back up, part of a random wandering flavor NPCs routine. It doesn't keep firing off though so you only see the NPCs when the server has just restarted and you're the first person to enter the arbor falls area.

As for dropping stuff on the ground... if you do it within AF, that spider does indeed snatch it up... but it's not lost. The spider just deposits the stuff it picks up into the community stash chest Smile
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:50 pm

hehe, what Manny said!.
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Drgnwlkr Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Laughing Those wanderers are nice but I think they occur a little more often but like the scattering seagulls, they give 'life' to the server. And so your Frost Giants bring death, heheh.

I'm tinkering with the idea of not using CEP but not sure the ratio of what would be gained to lost. Also, exactly what do the tlk files regulate/run? Not trying to sound extremely ignorant, I'm just trying to figure the best way to offer as much enjoyable content for a roleplayer as well as a powergamer.
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:45 pm

well lets see,

CEP - well you will lose alot of content, but for me (personally) the content its about 5% great (i.e. all the weapons and armors options)
10% alright (some monsters and a few script additions)
85% bleh (lots of recolored same old same olds, bad models, horrendous textures,etc)

plus the thing is a giant bloated mess, basically include CEP and you will have a headache looking through all the pallettes as a DM or as a builder.
but lots of people use it because it is considered the 'standard' for hak PW/mods.

tlk files.
these contain ALL the dialog/text for
spells
character voices
some scripting routines

as you may or may not know, I do not have a custom tlk file and from your time on Arbor Falls does it seem to you that there isn't enough content and eye-candy ?
so I think as long as your not going to be making spells/scrolls that can be memorized ,etc you won't really need it all that much.
I think Feats are also tied to a tlk file but am not 100% certain.

but in the end its up to the builder.
for AF here, you can strip whatever you want and create your own haks, I hold no mumbo jumbo "this is mine and I want exclusivity rights and all that legal crap"..
I want people to use my content however they see fit, if that means taking it as is and adding it to a hak called "Not Worms stuff.hak" I still wouldnt harrass you...lol

My stuff is public-use. sure its nice when someone gives me credit but at this late point in the game, its uneccessary..most people (nwn players) know my content from say Six's or Maxam's...we all have a unique style I think that can be seen just from the content iteself.

and I am still putting together the mail system , it was kinda embedded in there pretty good so I have to re-write/extract some code thats part of bigger code that would be useless for you since its (AF) specific. so give me some time but I havent forgotten (:
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Drgnwlkr Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:07 am

Thank you once again for the great insight! Our little project daydreams of creating new/fresh (hopefully) subraces and maybe spells among other things. We wish to make a nice mod players will enjoy so I'll probably have a custom tlk file once we get to that point. Yes, I've noticed that there's a lot to CEP. Over the years, I've downloaded so many haks and now have started cutting back. This project has always been a dream of mine and with my limited knowledge of the depths of the systems involved, it has been one heck of a learning experience. Suspect

As far as using anything of your creation, I positively will give you all the credit. I know what you mean by some 'patenting' their stuff. The server where I DM is like that. As I've asked for helping to get better at building, the main/only builder there now is so recluse and suspicious of others, heheh. My main thing is I want to learn to be better, not the best or to create anything to compete with other servers. Heh, it would be sure fantasy to think I could put something together that dare attempt to be on half the measure of Arbor Falls!

About the postal system, I thank you for 'tweaking' it but didn't mean for you to spend time doing so. I think its a great system though.

On another note... Arauka's woes have taken a unique turn Rolling Eyes She has been sent by her bondsman to obtain 20 diamonds for him...yep, I said BONDSMAN affraid It's hilarious that she was caught unlock a chest and now must rob the diamond for recompense, heheh.

Your style of building is nice and eventhough my lag issues (tethering with cell) keep me aggitated, I do enjoy Arbor Falls greatly!!! Thanks for such a great world to play and for all your contributions to NWN!
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:47 am

i know where you can buy diamonds in arbor falls...and then there's dalal's diamond mine too, i hear they need some help with a few pests.
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum