Community Adventure Project
Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Adventurer, make yerself at home.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fix or Improve??
persistant descriptions EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm by Drgnwlkr

» Is there...
persistant descriptions EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:39 am by Tavion

» Resetting Journal
persistant descriptions EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 pm by Subnormal

» Golem Builder By Borojb
persistant descriptions EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:32 pm by Tavion

» Hack K & L
persistant descriptions EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 pm by Tavion

» Help with the haks
persistant descriptions EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:34 pm by Wyrdwolf

» Character Retirement not working
persistant descriptions EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:43 am by MannyJabrielle

» Yankeeyiddos.com
persistant descriptions EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:58 am by Drgnwlkr

» The Grimm is back!
persistant descriptions EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:41 am by borojb

persistant descriptions

4 posters

Go down

persistant descriptions Empty persistant descriptions

Post  Shady Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:16 am

Dear Mr. Busy Worms,
Found a bug in the ability to edit descriptions. No
get a blank book or any item.
edit either's description, book with feather using the "write-" code or the item using the chest and the npc.
so far seen this: put item in a container in your house and close it. description persists.
put book or item in your player store. close store look in the store, description persists.
put it in the community chest, close it, open it description persists.

place the edited description item in your planar bag OR the private player chest and then close it. open it and see the item has lost its edited description and reverted to the original. This is immediate and no need for server reset. place it, close container. open it and reverted. item's changed name persists across the board as i recall...

seems as if the personal containers aren't saving the description string.
Shady
Shady
CAP Squire
CAP Squire

Back to top Go down

persistant descriptions Empty Re: persistant descriptions

Post  lord_of_worms Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Hmmm, I will look into that. Prob the difference in way I am saving object. I will let you know when I have a fix in place for testing. (:
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  rawmilk905 Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:27 am

I've run into this one too, often. Descriptions (including a journal I had started using the blank books sold in Fellhurst Library) are wiped not only when you voluntarily store things in the containers Shady mentions, which can be avoided, even though it is something of a hassle, but when you go to prison for robbing the chest in the magic shop 3 times (or presumably any other offense) and are stripped of all your possessions unexpectedly. You seem pretty fond of doing this because it happens in the "Witches of Fellhurst" quest too. The whole way the prison thing was handled struck me as a bit harsh and not very rogue/chaotic friendly of the module. Given the prevalence of evil in the mod, it felt like a bit of a bias against chaotic characters, especially with the bug of stripping the custom descriptions. I lost the text in the journal I'd started and didn't even get any chaotic alignment shift for my trouble. I'm still at the default 15, which is just no fun. Laughing

Last edited by rawmilk905 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:30 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
rawmilk905
rawmilk905
CAP Rook
CAP Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel of Death Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:29 pm

Yeah, I too have run across this bug with descriptions of my items being reverted to the original description. (Was a bit involuntarily, since I was dumped in jail after a failed heist:P)

Speaking of the jail script, I'm not much of a fan of it either. I think it's a bit harsh set up, especially since you lose all equipment if you doesn't pay up the fine.

I think it should be possible to, also steal back your stuff which was stripped when you get ported to the jail cell too (without having to pay the fine). And give a shift toward chaotic while at it. Smile

Maybe instead of having to talk with the old guy in the prison to get your items back, the items could be stored in a special vault guarded by a couple guards. And if your able to sneak by them (one way or another), you'll be able to "steal" your own stuff back...you'll still have to worry about being spotted by guards and be returned to jail, but at least you got your equipment back.

[IDEA]
Maybe if someone successfully evades capture from a city's guard force long enough, other PC's can take up bounty hunter jobs from the captain of the guard, to hunt down the criminal offenders!
[/IDEA]

...anyway, I got a bit off topic. Hope the description bug gets fixed soon! Smile

Angel of Death
CAP Adventurer
CAP Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_of_worms Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:53 am

To be perfectly honest, I do agree it harsh, and to be even more honest, I had no idea the stealing thing was even a *thing* anymore.. I completely forgot that I had done that..
in a previous post I explain about alot of what you all might think of as..WTF would he do that?
well I think that one was for a particular player that i thought it would be fun, but yeah, it sucks..

so in summary

the whole thieving thing is going to be totally removed and re-vamped. It will work similar but
1) you will be able to get your stuff back
2) it wont cost a friggen billion diamonds.
3) it will happen based on skill and not d4 rolls.

this system was one of the earliest attempts at any type of system within AF...so it almost predates everything you know about Arbor Falls today...lol

so a fix is coming! just not in a way you would expect just yet..
lord_of_worms
lord_of_worms
CAP Knight
CAP Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down